At the Granville Public Library there is...
SO MUCH TO DISCOVER!
Hours of Operation
The library has very limited services. Until further notice, we are offering limited services that include browsing the library collection, picking up items on hold, computer use and copier/scanner/printing/faxing. The number of people allowed in the building is limited and will be strictly enforced. Our are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 1:00-6:00 pm. Please bring your library card with you as self-checkout will be the only available method to check out your items.
Closed Holidays for 2020
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1
- Easter Sunday: Sunday, April 12
- Mothers Day: Sunday, May 10
- Memorial Day: Sunday and Monday, May 24 and 25
- Fathers Day: Sunday, June 21
- Independence Day: Saturday and Sunday, July 4 and 5
- Labor Day: Sunday and Monday, September 6 and 7
- Day before Thanksgiving: Close at 6:00 pm, Wednesday, November 25
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26
- Christmas Eve: Thursday, December 24
- Christmas Day: Friday, December 25
- Day after Christmas: Saturday, December 26
- New Year’s Eve: Tuesday, December 31
Mission statement: To serve as a core component of the Granville community by offering a dynamic program of library resources and services in a welcoming environment, facilitated by the latest advances in instructional technology and a staff educated in the best practices of its profession.
Current Strategic Plan: The library has set priorities and strategic goals for the organization that are outlined in its strategic plan.
Library Operations & Funding
The Granville Public Library is an association library, meaning it was organized by a group of citizens who filed official Articles of Incorporation with the State of Ohio to establish the library. Despite being officially incorporated in 1912, there has been a public library in Granville (in one form or another) since the early 1800s. Even more GPL history
Today the library is funded by state tax revenue through the Public Library Fund, a one (1) mill property tax levy passed by the citizens of the Granville Exempted Village School District in May, 2010 and renewed in November 2014, and again in November 2019. The library is also supported with private donations and fees. The library went fine-free on January 1, 2019.
Bringing life to the approximately 26,000 square foot facility are a healthy collection of materials in a variety of formats, a friendly group of full and part-time staff, a dedicated and generous volunteer workforce, and the tens of thousands of patrons who walk through our doors every year.
Please check out the links below for more info about the library.